He blew away every expectation we had about working with a realtor, and became a friend along the way.
You’re going to end up spending a lot of time and sharing a lot of personal details with your realtor – probably more than you think. You need someone who’s not only great at his job, but also trustworthy and fun to hang out with. Chris DeNike is all of the above. He blew away every expectation we had about working with a realtor, and became a friend along the way.
A few things set Chris apart:
1) He provides exceptional client service. As first-time homebuyers, we cared a lot about this. Chris told us what to expect and helped us make the right decision at every turn, and always seemed energetic and excited about our house search. We felt like Chris was a true partner, as invested in the outcome as we were, rather than simply an intermediary.
2) Chris knows Marin inside and out. He’s lived and worked there for many years, and is full of great information about everything from the personalities of different towns to where to buy foam to make new cushions for a window seat. (Answer: The Foam Store in San Rafael.) Local knowledge of the Marin market was a must for us, since we were moving from an apartment in San Francisco to a house in Marin, and we needed lots of guidance!
3) Chris takes the time to listen to what you want and is good at asking thought-provoking questions and helping you weigh trade-offs. And if there’s no possible intersection in your set of preferences, Chris isn’t afraid to bring that to your attention! Chris is also incredibly patient if you change your mind – once or many times. When we began our search, we were focused on Sausalito. As the months went by, we broadened our scope to Tiburon and Mill Valley, then we narrowed it again to Sausalito, before finally reconsidering Mill Valley when a particularly cool property came on to the market. Chris weathered our indecision with equanimity.
4) Chris’ follow through is amazing. Even after we’d closed on our house, Chris continued to offer his support during our early days of homeownership. Whether that meant connecting us with a guy to fix a window, going out of his way to have an unwieldy piece of debris removed from the property, or simply taking an active interest in our renovation plans, Chris was there for us. He didn’t simply disappear once the deal was done.
5) Chris’ experience and attention to detail help him notice things that many buyers might miss, from a shaky foundation to a neighbor’s tree in the path of the afternoon sun to the transformative potential of knocking down a wall to open up a room. Chris helped us see what already was and what could be.
We can’t imagine having had a better experience with our realtor, and we’d recommend Chris to anyone who’s looking to buy a home in Marin!
I do not think my wife and I can say enough that speaks to this man’s personality, knowledge, interpersonal social skills, and integrity.
We interviewed several agents and Chris was everything we needed in an agent. He has a wonderful calmness and sincere authority demeanor that made us feel exactly how we predicted. He helped us through the final major big move in our lives. He was amazingly organized and helped us stay organized and focused. During times...
We can wholeheartedly recommend Chris to any prospective families/couples looking to find their new abode.
After stumbling across a listing Chris had I called him & was surprised he took my call after 6pm on a Saturday night. Expecting to hear a voice message I spoke to Chris about what we were looking for in our dream house. Patiently, Chris asked a few questions to get a better idea &...